Monitoring our members’ accounts for fraud is a top priority for us here at Vital. This is why we have fraud monitoring through both our debit and credit card providers and also why we are now issuing EMV chip cards, which are the most secure form of payment. We want to be sure you are as protected as possible, but sometimes fraud does still occur. There are certain things you can do to minimize your risk!
Ways To Avoid Fraud:
- Never give out your card information to a person or website who you have not verified is legitimate. Do a quick online search for reviews of the company first.
- When making a purchase, be sure to check the card slot for any signs of damage or tampering. This could be signs of a skimming device.
- Be sure to shield your PIN number as you enter it so that no one can see what your PIN is.
- Always shred personal documents as soon as you are done with them.
Ways to Minimize Your Loss if Fraud Occurs:
- Be sure your contact information with us is up to date. We cannot contact you if we do not have correct information.
- Check your account regularly.
- Download our mobile app to quickly access balances and transactions, so you will see suspicious activity as soon as possible.
- Let us know immediately if you notice anything out of the ordinary on your account or if your card has been lost.
If your Vital Visa DEBIT card has been lost or stolen please contact us immediately to report this. If you loose your card or notice theft after regular business hours please call 1-800-523-4175.
If your Vital Visa CREDIT card has been lost or stolen please contact us immediately to report this. If you loose your card or notice theft after regular business hours please call 1-800-808-7230.
Unfortunately, due to fraud we do sometimes have to block certain places or merchants. Please see our list of blocked states and merchants below. These do change from time to time, so if you are traveling please let us know in advance.
New York- PIN only transactions
Florida- all transactions
Ohio- all transactions
Colorado- PIN only transactions
Texas- all transactions
North Carolina- all ATM transactions
PIN only Vendors:
*These stores and vendors are not blocked but only PIN transactions are allowed.*
- Walmart Super Center
- Murphy gas
- Food Lion
- Home Depot
*Postal Services outside of North and South Carolina are blocked for all transactions*
We do our best to prevent fraud and minimize your loss, but we need your help too. Following the tips above as well as staying up to date on debit card blocks and issues helps us, help you!